We wanted to share the product reviews of several of our customers.
On April 7, 2016 Etienne gave our JBCO 5/5 starts and says: “A+ for getting rid of Seborrheic Dermatitis!” Here’s her review:
Try it for moderate to severe dermatitis on all skin/scalp types. I am three weeks into this process, using it 2-3 times per week, and the flakes have all but disappeared. I’ll give you a few reasons why I prefer it to prescription creams and regular castor oil.
- Cheaper alternative to RX visits.
- You don’t have to treat it nor wash your hair as often.
- Black Castor Oil is as thick as molasses, and will stick to your scalp like glue, even if you dilute it. It makes an excellent sealant on your roots, and will “lift” layers of dandruff off before washing. It is a good idea to spray your scalp with Apple cider vinegar before applying so the flakes will fall out easier.
- Black Castor is not necessary for daily use. I’ve seen Google/Youtube “Hair growth Challenges” and this is thick enough to last 3-4 days with 1 application.
- Faster acne/skin healing process. Skin looks more smooth and radiant.”
- As far as hair growth goes between one or the other, the jury is still out on that one. It’s only been three weeks with this one, but I have noticed a difference in thickness and clearer skin. I may update this in 6 months and have cascading hair and thicker edges.
My hair is relaxed with Keratin treatment. I have VERY thick 4a hair. (Frizzy and Coily Afro) I did not notice any negative side effects like thinning/balding. In fact, I currently have 2.5″ of new growth since February, and am due for a touch up this week. Please ask a stylist if you have chemically treated hair and don’t notice a world of difference in healthy scalp/hair.
On June 14, 2016 Katherine Carruthers reviewed our Bone Marrow products and gave them 4 stars
“The Bone Marrow products are the best I have ever used on my hair. I would recommend these products to any of my friends or family members with unruly hair.”
On September 28, 2015 Ieesha Lake said “It works! I have been using it for 2 years” Here’s her review of our Black Castor Oil:
“It actually does work for perm hair, my hair was permed and i massaged my scalp and edges with it and my hair grew faster and it got thicker. When you do reviews don’t make a general review, what doesn’t work for you make work for somewhere else. It work on all hair types. Its just some people can’t take the natural strength of it but it’s good. My hair is only two years old from my big chop. And in the picture you can see the new growth and how thick my ponytail is.”
On July 9, 2015 Jamila gave our JBCO 5.0 out of 5 stars and said
“Best Brand I’ve tried tons of different castor oils… this is the best better than Sunny Isle, Mango and Lime and all those others.”
On March 31, 2014 “Karen” gave our Black Castor Oil 5/5 stars. Here’s her review: “The best JBCO hands down”
I absolutely love this brand. It’s the best hands down. I participated in my first JBCO online challenge using this brand, & I was extremely happy w/my results. As the previous reviewer stated, the scent is not the greatest (think roofing tar or cigarette ash) & it’s very heavy. A little goes a long way, so for those that are heavy handed, use sparingly. The scent doesn’t bother me, so I’ll always use it, as long as it’s available.
(B’s Note: We’ve re-formulated our JBCO to improve the fragrance.)